Wednesday, April 9, 2008

There Could Be Worse Things

I was thinking today about all of the different addictions people have. Such as alcohol, tabacco, marijuana, cocain, caffine, painkillers, gambling and even sexual addictions. I put things into perspective, I realize that while gaming addiction harms friends, family and one self, there are worse things out there. Not to diminish from my cause here, but things really could be alot worse. At least with a gaming addiction a person is fairly well safe in the it own home and doesn't run the risk of killing themselves instantly with a overdose or a bad mix of drugs and or alcohol. None the less I fell there should be a greater sense at freeing people from their addictions, as the addictions themselves have no positive aspects to them.

No comments: